Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committees
PILI's Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committees strive to increase equal access to justice by promoting and enhancing pro bono legal services within a specific judicial circuit by:
- Raising awareness of the need for free or low-cost legal services;
- Identifying and reducing barriers to providing free or low-cost legal services;
- Promoting pro bono legal services and recruiting attorneys and legal professionals to participate in existing pro bono programs;
- Identifying gaps in the delivery of legal services to low-income individuals and families and developing innovative approaches to filling those gaps through pro bono; and
- Recognizing the pro bono contributions of attorneys and legal professionals.
Each Committee consists of members of the judiciary as well as pro bono leaders from local law firms, corporations, bar associations, and public interest law organizations. All of the Committees differ in size and their goals vary depending on the local make-up of the circuit.
PILI has launched Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committees in the following circuits. Follow the link to learn more about each Committee, the membership, current projects and upcoming events within the circuit:
First Circuit »
Second Circuit »
Third Circuit »
Fifth Circuit »
Sixth Circuit »
Tenth Circuit »
Eleventh Circuit »
Fourteenth Circuit »
Eighteenth Circuit »
Twentieth Circuit »
Twenty-Third Circuit »
PILI’s Pro Bono Pledge is being launched through our Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committees, in recognition of the responsibility of all members of the legal profession – from corporate lawyers to law firm lawyers to solo practitioners to legal staff – to increase access to our legal system. The Pledge has been launched in the Third, Fifth, Sixth, Tenth, Eleventh and Fourteenth Judicial Circuits.
For more information about PILI's Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committees, contact PILI Executive Director Michael Bergmann by email or by phone at 312-832-5129.
Upcoming Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee Events:
DuPage Expungement Clinic
July 15th, 2023 - 9:00 am, at DuPage County Administration Building
The DuPage Expungement Clinic will provide free legal assistance to individuals seeking to clear their criminal record. Volunteers will consult with participants on available options for relief, prepare petitions to expunge and/or seal eligible records, and provide guidance on navigating the process from start to finish.
Pingback: How Illinois Legal Foundations Bridge the Justice Gap |
Pingback: PILI Accepting Nominations for Annual Public Service Awards | Illinois Lawyer Now