SAVE THE DATE: Mark your calendar for Wednesday, December 1, 2021 from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. for our 2021 Annual Awards Luncheon at the Palmer House Hilton. It is our sincere hope that we will be able to gather in person at that time, however, we are monitoring federal and state health guidelines and will hold the event virtually if in-person gathering is not possible. Keep an eye out here for more details in the weeks to come, or contact PILI’s Senior Manager for External Relations Lauren Harper at 312-832-5131 or by email.
About the Event
PILI’s Annual Awards Luncheon brings together the Illinois legal community every year to celebrate the very best aspects of the legal profession: the generosity, expertise and commitment of the countless lawyers, law students, legal professionals, law firms and corporations who dedicate themselves to providing legal assistance to those in need. This event is PILI’s largest annual fundraiser, providing critical support for our work across Illinois.
SPONSOR THE EVENT
We offer several sponsorship opportunities and recognizes events sponsors on all web and print material related to the event. In 2020, there were 48 sponsors for this event, including 29 law firms, 10 corporations and nine law schools. Firm and corporate sponsorships start at $2,500, and all funds raised go towards PILI’s Programs.
- See a full outline of sponsorship benefits »
- View a full list of 2020 sponsors »
- Sponsor the event »
Every year, PILI presents several awards to acknowledge lawyers and legal programs whose dedication to service, fairness, and justice inspires us and makes us proud. These awards are as follows:
- The Distinguished Public Service Award honors an individual whose commitment to public interest work has shaped a career dedicated to service.
- The Distinguished Alumni Awards recognize one former PILI Intern and one former PILI Fellow for outstanding contributions of public interest and/or pro bono work. Not sure if someone is PILI Alum? Email us to confirm.
- The Pro Bono Initiative Award acknowledges a single entity for its significant pro bono work in the community.
You may submit a self-nomination or nominate a colleague, and you may also submit multiple nominations. Nominations for are due by Friday, October 1st.