Resources for PILI Volunteers
PILI has several pro bono opportunities across the state of Illinois. Learn more about them and sign up to volunteer here.
Below are resources to help you in your various volunteer activities. Many of them are password protected. If you are a current volunteer and need the password for a page or have any questions, please e-mail us.
Help Desk Resources
PILI Volunteer Forms
Illinois Free Legal Answers
- An Introduction to the Military and Veterans Rights Bureau & Consumer Protection Resources (11/15/23)
- Serving Those Who Served: Supporting Your Veteran Client & Their Access to Benefits (11/10/23)
- DuPage Expungement Clinic Training (7/11/23)
- Best Practices for Inclusion of People with Disabilities (6/27/23)
- Divorce Bootcamp for the Pro Bono Volunteer (5/10/23)
- The Intersection of Family & Immigration Law in the Context of Parenting Time (4/18/23)
- Understanding the New Source of Income Protection: Illinois Fair Housing Update (3/23/23)
- Workplace Ethics: Training Office Support Staff (2/28/2023)
- Wills and POA Volunteer Training (11/1/2022)
- Supreme Court Term in Review (8/15/2022)
- What's in A Name: Legal Name Change in Illinois (6/22/2022)
- Basics of Will Drafting (5/17/2022)
- Ethical Concerns in Adult Guardianship (3/1/2022)
- IL-AFLAN Info Sessions (2/17/2022).
- Limited Scope Representation (12/14/2021)
- Helping Self-Represented Litigants With Housing Questions (8/5/2021)
PILI maintains additional training resources for volunteers that are not eligible for CLE credit. If you are a volunteer and need training resources not listed above, please contact PILI Senior Managing Attorney Jessica Schneider.
Additional Resource: Illinois Pro Bono Research Alliance
Have you ever hesitated in accepting a pro bono matter that you believe would require significant research in order for you to help? Perhaps it is an area of law that you do not regularly practice, or the case includes a complex legal issue, or you’re just short on time. This project matches law students with attorneys in need of research assistance on pro bono legal matters. It is open to private attorneys in addition to non-profits and legal aid organizations in need of research assistance on pro bono and legal aid cases. Learn more »