Resources for Volunteers
PILI has several pro bono opportunities across the state of Illinois. Learn more about them and sign up to volunteer here.
Below are resources to help you in your various volunteer activities. Many of them are password protected. If you are a current volunteer and need the password for a page or have any questions, please e-mail PILI Managing Attorney, Jessica Schneider.
Help Desk Resources
PILI Volunteer Forms
Illinois Free Legal Answers
- Adult Guardianship & Elder Care
- Ethical Considerations in Virtual Representation
- Eviction Defense
- Helping Self-Represented Litigants With Housing Questions
- Mediation-Focus On Eviction
- Orders of Protection
- Overview of Civil Appellate Procedure
- Racial Bias and Decision Making
- Wills and Power of Attorney
- Veterans Records
Have you ever hesitated in accepting a pro bono matter that you believe would require significant research in order for you to help? Perhaps it is an area of law that you do not regularly practice, or the case includes a complex legal issue, or you’re just short on time. This project matches law students with attorneys in need of research assistance on pro bono legal matters. It is open to private attorneys in addition to non-profits and legal aid organizations in need of research assistance on pro bono and legal aid cases.