Join us for this free statewide CLE series to learn about timely pro bono legal topics! We will be hosting these virtual CLEs during the last week of the month at noon for 1.0 hour of CLE credit.
With the end of the eviction moratorium in Illinois likely coming soon, mediation will be a key tool for handing the large number of cases and it is important to be prepared. Many will be in crisis and unable to afford a lawyer. This session will focus on how to prepare before, during, and after mediation from the lens of a pro-bono attorney advocating on behalf of a litigant and mostly from the perspective of advocating for tenants.
- Melissa “Missy” Greathouse, Executive Director of Dispute Resolution Institute, Inc. (DRI)
- Chelsea Hubbard, Managing Attorney of the Western Regional Office of Land of Lincoln Legal Aid, Inc.
These CLE programs are free, but we ask that you do at least one of the following over the next 12 months:
- Answer two Illinois Free Legal Answers questions for every hour of CLE Credit;
- Sign up for one shift at a Self-Represented Litigant Help Desk for every hour of CLE Credit (Third, Sixth & Tenth Circuits);
- Take one pro bono case through Land of Lincoln, Prairie State or PILI or other local legal aid organization.
This event has passed but you can view a recording of the CLE training on PILI’s website.
Online registration is required to receive the Zoom link. If you have any questions or problems with the form, please contact Sophia Vagnone by email or at 312-832-5136.