Despite gains in marriage equality, LGBTQ+ people can face unique challenges when navigating the legal system. In additional to cultural responsiveness, attorneys will learn about current issues, common challenges and ways to advocate for your LGBTQ+ clients. 1.0 hours of CLE credit will be provided.
- August Hieber, Center for Disability and Elder Law
- Nora Huppert, Lambda Legal
These Virtual Pro Bono CLE programs are free, but we ask that you do at least one of the following over the next 12 months:
- Answer two Illinois Free Legal Answers questions for every hour of CLE Credit;
- Sign up for one shift at a Self-Represented Litigant Help Desk for every hour of CLE Credit (Third, Sixth & Tenth Circuits);
- Take one pro bono case through Land of Lincoln, Prairie State or PILI or other local legal aid organization.
Online registration is required to receive the Zoom link. If you have any questions or problems with the form, please contact Mariel Lopez-Cruz by email or at 312-832-5136.