Join us for this free statewide CLE series to learn about timely pro bono legal topics! We will be hosting these virtual CLEs during the last week of the month at noon for 1.0 hour of CLE credit.
Family law is one of the greatest areas of need for civil legal aid, and attorneys can have a huge impact by assisting survivors of domestic violence with orders of protection. This seminar will provide an intermediate level overview of the law and legal process, perspectives from the north and south of the state and how to overcome barriers to pro bono representation from an attorney perspective.
- Kathy Bettcher, Prairie State Legal Services
- Caitlin Isbell, Land of Lincoln Legal Aid
- David Ryan, Retired Pro Bono Volunteer
These CLE programs are free, but we ask that you do at least one of the following over the next 12 months:
- Answer two Illinois Free Legal Answers questions for every hour of CLE Credit;
- Sign up for one shift at a Self-Represented Litigant Help Desk for every hour of CLE Credit (Third, Sixth & Tenth Circuits);
- Take one pro bono case through Land of Lincoln, Prairie State or PILI or other local legal aid organization.
Online registration is now closed. You can watch the recorded program for 1.0 hours of CLE credit here. If you have any questions or problems with the form, please contact Jessica Schneider by email or phone number.