On Friday, October 29th, PILI will wrap up its 2021 Pro Bono Week celebration. This video will include highlights from our Pro Bono Week celebrations across the state and of pro bono service award recipients from several judicial circuits.
Pro Bono Opportunities
- Illinois Free Legal Answers is a virtual legal clinic where low-income Illinois residents can submit a question online to ask a lawyer for help with a civil legal issue.
- Illinois Armed Forces Legal Aid Network (IL-AFLAN) provides civil legal services across Illinois to veterans, active duty military and their spouses and dependents and as an IL-AFLAN member, PILI refers pro bono matters in the 101 counties outside of Cook County.
- Legal Help Within Reach recruits attorneys and law students from urban areas to volunteer at free legal clinics in rural and underserved communities.
- Self-Represented Litigant Help Desks utilize volunteers to meet with self-represented litigants for 30-minute appointments to help them understand and navigate the legal process, fill out forms and answer questions.
- Conflict of Interest Pro Bono Referral Panel provides a referral source for participating legal aid agencies to send potential clients who have been denied service due to a conflict of interest.