Guardianship Basics & Beyond
PLEASE NOTE: THIS PROGRAM IS BEING HELD IN ROOM 306 OF VERMILION HALL AND NOT IN THE BREMER CENTER.
The Fifth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee is hosting this CLE, going over guardianship basics and more. This program is co-sponsored by Frisse & Brewster Law Offices, Land of Lincoln Legal Aid and the Vermilion County Bar Association.
Morning Session (2.75 MCLE)
- 8:00 am – Registration with breakfast of coffee and pastries sponsored by Frisse & Brewster Law Offices
- 8:50 am – Welcome
- 9:00 am – Opening a Guardianship Case with Angelica W. Wawrzynek of the Tapella & Eberspacher Law Firm
- 10:15 am – Break
- 10:30 am – Handling the Ward’s Finances with James M. Mulvaney of First Financial Bank
12:00 – Lunch will be available for all attendees sponsored by the Vermilion County Bar Association
Afternoon Session (3.75 MCLE)
- 12:15 pm – Managing Caregiver Stress with Melissa Courtright of CRIS Senior Services and Jeri Spezia with 708 Mental Health Board
- 1:00 pm – Grandparent & Other Non-Parent Considerations with Kaylan Huber of Davis and Delanois
- 2:00 pm – Medicaid & Long Term Care Issues for Guardians with John Lafond of Land of Lincoln Legal Aid
- 3:00 pm – Break with snacks sponsored by Frisse & Brewster Law Offices
- 3:15 pm – Tips from GALs
Kaylan Huber of Davis and Delanoi
Andrew Mudd of Davis and Delanoi
Toby Ortega of Saikley, Garrison, Colombo & Barney
Paul Wieck of Bennett, Schroeder & Wieck
- 4:15 pm – Closing
This program is complimentary. You can choose to attend the morning session, afternoon session, or the full day. Breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided, as well as up to 6.5 hours of CLE credit, subject to approval. Attendees are asked to take on one additional pro bono matter through Land of Lincoln Legal Aid or PILI in the next 12 months.
Advance registration is required by Tuesday, June 18th. If you have any questions or problems with the form, please contact Rebecca Fernández by email or phone or 312-832-5127.