The Tenth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee is hosting this event to commemorate Pro Bono Week, recognize the efforts local pro bono volunteers and celebrate its Pro Bono Service Award Recipient. The celebration video will premiered Monday, October 25th at 12:00 p.m.
2021 TENTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT AWARD RECIPIENTS
The following honorees have provided outstanding pro bono services to low-income individuals or charitable organizations in the last year.
- Tenth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Service Award: Kerrianne Waters
- Peoria County Bar Association Young Lawyer of the Year: Tyler Eathington
- Peoria County Bar Association Pro Bono Attorney of the Year: Yolanda Riley
- Peoria County Bar Association Law Firm of the Year: Hinshaw and Culbertson
- Tazewell County Bar Association Pro Bono Attorney of the Year: Brandon Sarff
- Prairie State Legal Services Joined in Justice Award: Stephanie Bitner
- Prairie State Legal Services Equal Access to Justice Award: Stacy Crabtree
Through the below pro bono opportunities, you can provide critically needed legal services to individuals and families in need in the Third Judicial Circuit. We hope you will get involved and also help spread the word!
- A project of the American Bar Association, Illinois Free Legal Answers was created to increase access to advice and information about non-criminal legal matters for those who cannot afford legal assistance. It is a virtual walk-in legal clinic administered by PILI. Learn more »
- Illinois Armed Forces Legal Aid Network (IL-AFLAN) provides civil legal services across Illinois to veterans, active duty military and their spouses and dependents. As an IL-AFLAN member, PILI refers pro bono matters to volunteer attorneys in the 101 counties outside of Cook County. Learn more »
- Volunteers at the Self-Represented Litigant Help Desks meet with SRLs for 40-minute appointments to help them understand and navigate the legal process, fill out forms and answer questions at the Peoria and Tazewell County Courthouses. Learn more »
- The Conflict of Interest Pro Bono Referral Panel provides a referral source for Prairie State to send potential clients who have been denied service due to a conflict of interest. Learn more »
- Through PILI’s Pro Bono Mentorship Program, volunteer attorneys who lack experience in a particular area of law will be paired with a more experienced attorney for advice and counsel to ensure competent representation of pro bono clients. Learn more »
- Many opportunities exist for volunteers to assist Priaire State Legal Services clients through direct representation, counsel and advice, document preparation, and clinic settings. Learn more »
- The Immigration Project provides immigration legal services in central and southern Illinois through counsel and advice, clinics and application support services. Learn more »