The Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee is hosting this event to commemorate Pro Bono Week, recognize the efforts local pro bono volunteers and celebrate its Pro Bono Service Award Recipient. The celebration video will premiered Thursday, October 28th at 12:00 p.m.
2021 PRO BONO SERVICE AWARD RECIPIENT: TED DONNER
Ted Donner has had an impactful presence in DuPage County as a leader and true champion of pro bono legal services. Ted wants to give back to the community and help those who could never afford his services while also leading by example in the DuPage County Bar Association. He was instrumental in launching the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee. He is an adjunct professor at Loyola University Chicago School of Law and has helped set up regular Illinois Free Legal Answers clinics with their students and alumni as well as at NIU College of Law with their students and alumni, helping to engage the next generation of lawyers in volunteerism. Among his many other notable contributions, Ted is a pillar of the DuPage eviction mediation program that will help residents at this pivotal time at the end of the eviction moratorium. He graduated from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 1990, after receiving his bachelor’s degree from Roosevelt University. He currently runs his own practice, Donner & Company, which he opened in 2002.
Through the below pro bono opportunities, you can provide critically needed legal services to individuals and families in need in the Third Judicial Circuit. We hope you will get involved and also help spread the word!
- A project of the American Bar Association, Illinois Free Legal Answers was created to increase access to advice and information about non-criminal legal matters for those who cannot afford legal assistance. It is a virtual walk-in legal clinic administered by PILI. Learn more »
- Illinois Armed Forces Legal Aid Network (IL-AFLAN) provides civil legal services across Illinois to veterans, active duty military and their spouses and dependents. As an IL-AFLAN member, PILI refers pro bono matters to volunteer attorneys in the 101 counties outside of Cook County. Learn more »
- Through PILI’s Pro Bono Mentorship Program, volunteer attorneys who lack experience in a particular area of law will be paired with a more experienced attorney for advice and counsel to ensure competent representation of pro bono clients. Learn more »
- Many opportunities exist for volunteers to assist Priaire State Legal Services clients through direct representation, counsel and advice, document preparation, and clinic settings. Learn more »
- The DuPage County Bar Association Ask a Lawyer Help Desk offers assistance to pro se litigants in small claims, landlord/tenant and arbitration cases at the DuPage Judicial Center. Learn more »
- DuPage Bar Legal Aid is dedicated to enlisting the pro bono aspect of lawyering by connecting DuPage County residents to high quality, compassionate legal representation. Learn more »