The Twentieth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee is hosting this event to commemorate Pro Bono Week, recognize the efforts local pro bono volunteers and celebrate its Pro Bono Service Award Recipient. The celebration video will premiere on Wednesday, October 27th at 12:00 p.m.
Through the below pro bono opportunities, you can provide critically needed legal services to individuals and families in need in the Twentieth Judicial Circuit. We hope you will get involved and also help spread the word!
- A project of the American Bar Association, Illinois Free Legal Answers was created to increase access to advice and information about non-criminal legal matters for those who cannot afford legal assistance. It is a virtual walk-in legal clinic administered by PILI. Learn more »
- Illinois Armed Forces Legal Aid Network (IL-AFLAN) provides civil legal services across Illinois to veterans, active duty military and their spouses and dependents. As an IL-AFLAN member, PILI refers pro bono matters to volunteer attorneys in the 101 counties outside of Cook County. Learn more »
- Through PILI’s Pro Bono Mentorship Program, volunteer attorneys who lack experience in a particular area of law will be paired with a more experienced attorney for advice and counsel to ensure competent representation of pro bono clients. Learn more »
- Many opportunities exist for volunteers to assist Land of Lincoln clients through direct representation, counsel and advice, document preparation, and clinic settings. Learn more »
- Dispute Resolution Institute provides mediation services both in and out of the Illinois court system. Volunteer opportunities include both mediation and non-mediation opportunities. Learn more »