Attorney and paralegal volunteers are needed to staff a free legal clinic in Peoria and provide one-time advice.
When: Saturday, February 11th from 8:45 am to 12:00 pm
Where: Prairie State Legal Services, 331 Fulton Street, Suite 600 in Peoria
What volunteers WILL be doing:
- Answering questions and providing information to low-income clients on civil legal matters.
- Working with Prairie State Legal Services staff who can answer any questions.
- Receiving coverage under Prairie State’s malpractice insurance.
- Enjoying free breakfast.
- Providing a meaningful service for people with legal needs who can not afford a lawyer.
- Spending time with local attorneys and paralegals from the Peoria County Bar Association.
What volunteers WILL NOT be doing:
- Taking cases or bringing home work.
- Representing clients in court.
- Working on cases that involve a criminal or traffic violation.
To volunteer, please contact Prairie State Pro Bono Coordinator Kate Whetstone by email or by phone at 309-674-9831 ext. 4005.
This program is sponsored by Prairie State Legal Services, the Tenth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee, the Immigration Project and the Peoria County Bar Association.