PILI is hiring an Administrative Coordinator, which is a full-time position responsible for providing administrative support to PILI staff and its programs. This position works collaboratively with all staff but reports to the Executive Director. This is a perfect position for a self-starting individual who possesses a positive attitude, has a high attention to detail, is extremely organized, and can efficiently handle a variety of administrative tasks.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the Administrative Coordinator who will provide general administrative support to PILI as well as support to PILI’s Programs Team and External Relations Team:
- Perform routine support tasks including, but not limited to data entry, filing, photocopying, distribution of mail, maintaining records, ordering supplies, coordinating meetings and calendars, etc.;
- Provide professional, service-oriented and timely communications in response to office contacts/inquiries, including managing the organization’s general email accounts and phone calls;
- Develop and maintain office systems and practices for the effective day-to-day management of the organization, including maintaining of all paper and virtual office files and supplies;
- Maintain all contact management databases and tracking systems;
- Assist with mailings to constituents and donors;
- Assist with updating content on PILI’s website;
- Help coordinate logistics for PILI’s programming and special events, such as placing food orders, preparing name tags and other materials, registration correspondence, assisting with setup, etc.;
- Assist Executive Director with human resources and finance functions;
- Attend staff meetings, other administrative meetings and events; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must be detailed-oriented, punctual, organized and self-motivated, with the ability to adapt quickly and easily to changing organizational needs in the context of a professional office environment, in addition to possessing the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a high school diploma/GED required
- Two years of relevant administrative or customer service experience preferred;
- Ability to professionally and discretely handle confidential information;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to provide excellent customer service skills with a wide range of constituents;
- Ability to operate in a fast paced and dynamic environment, managing multiple tasks and deadlines, and prioritizing workflow;
- Proficiency in using computers and electronics equipment is required, including general knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software such as Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience with Quickbooks, Salesforce and/or WordPress is desirable but not required; and
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission and work of PILI.
Salary: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with a salary range of $32,000 to $42,000 depending on experience, including a generous benefits package with employer-paid health insurance and retirement plan.
To apply: Email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to PILI. Put “Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not send application materials by mail, and no additional email or phone inquiries. Applicants will be contacted in the event that we wish to further discuss your qualifications.
About PILI: PILI engages, inspires and empowers those advancing equal access to justice. We envision making equal access to justice a reality through a legal community with a deeply rooted culture of service, where pro bono and public interest law engagement is optimized to best serve people, families and communities in need. The PILI team consists of seven staff members (including this position) with most staff based in Chicago and one in Champaign.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: At PILI we believe that diversity and inclusion are fundamentally important objectives that make organizations more effective. In our hiring and our work, we support diversity in all of its forms, encompassing but not limited to age, disability status, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender identity, race, religion and sexual orientation.