PILI is hiring a Development & Communications Associate! This position will report to PILI’s Senior Manager for External Relations. This is a dynamic position that focuses on fund development, including special events and communications responsibilities, with a strong connection to PILI’s programmatic work and mission. This is a full-time position based in PILI’s Chicago office.
As part of the External Relations Team and under the direction of the PILI’s Senior Manager for External Relations, this position will include the following major responsibilities:
- Contribute to PILI’s grant applications and reports as well as conduct prospecting for new funding sources;
- Gather statistics and data to create various reports related to fundraising;
- Coordinate annual mailings to individual and institutional donors;
- Assist in special event preparation, planning, promotion and execution; and
- Provide staff support to PILI’s Young Professionals Board.
- Produce and manage PILI’s communications calendar;
- Maintain PILI’s website and in developing content for PILI’s print and electronic communications;
- Implement social media strategy and research trends in social media with an eye to improving PILI’s presence and effectiveness;
- Ensure information on PILI’s website is accurate and up-to-date with attention to best practices for SEO;
- Enhance the website’s visual appeal by managing and updating text, pages, banner images and photos;
- Develop communications collateral for PILI Programs such as flyers, postcards and emails;
- Develop PILI’s monthly newsletter and all other email communication; and
- Maintain donor management database.
- Attend staff meetings, other administrative meetings and events; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by PILI’s Executive Director or Senior Manager for External Relations.
The successful candidate must be detailed-oriented, punctual, organized and self-motivated, with the ability to adapt quickly and easily to changing organizational needs in the context of a professional office environment, in addition to possessing the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and minimum of 2-4 years of relevant nonprofit experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram) and willingness to learn new applications;
- Experience with Salesforce, WordPress, Canva or other desk top publishing is desirable, but not required;
- Availability to attend programs and events during the evening or on weekends on a limited basis and with advance notice, typically not more than 1-2 times per month; and
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission and work of PILI.
This is a full-time position with a salary commensurate to experience within the range of $35,000 to $45,000, including a generous benefits package with employer-paid health insurance and retirement plan.
Please email a cover letter, resume, writing sample of at least 500 words, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Development & Communications Associate” in the subject line. Please do not send application materials by mail, and no phone or email inquiries. Applicants will be contacted in the event that we wish to further discuss your qualifications.
PILI engages, inspires and empowers those advancing equal access to justice. We envision making equal access to justice a reality through a legal community with a deeply rooted culture of service, where pro bono and public interest law engagement is optimized to best serve people, families and communities in need. The PILI team consists of eight staff members (including this position) with most staff based in Chicago and one in Champaign.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At PILI we believe that diversity and inclusion are fundamentally important objectives that make organizations more effective. In our hiring and our work, we support diversity in all of its forms, encompassing but not limited to age, disability status, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender identity, race, religion and sexual orientation.
Let others know we are hiring a Development & Communications Associate! Forward this job description »