Giving Tuesday is November 28th!
Giving Tuesday is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world. Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Join PILI’s Young Professionals Board (YPB) on November 28th in supporting the work of PILI this Giving Tuesday.
At PILI, we believe that equal access to justice is a fundamental right. The legal community – law students, lawyers, judges and other legal professionals – have an ethical obligation to ensure this right is accessible for people with unmet legal needs. That’s why PILI’s theme for 2023 is A Community of Service.
Can you help build and sustain our Community of Service? Could you increase your giving to PILI or make your first gift today? Take a pro bono case from us or another legal aid program in your area, or answer some questions on Illinois Free Legal Answers? Or be a champion for pro bono with your colleagues? Whatever you can do, it will make a difference.
We asked our YPB Members what our theme, A Community of Service, meant to them. Click on their image to see what they had to say:
If you want to be involved in increasing access to justice in Illinois, here are a few ways that you can be part of our Community of Service:
- Support the YPB’s Giving Tuesday Campaign below;
- Share your own photo about what community means to you on social media and tag PILI and use the hashtag #CommunityofService;
- Purchase tickets to attend the Annual Awards Luncheon in-person on December 6th;
- Text “PILI” to 243-725 any time before or during the Annual Awards Luncheon on December 6th;
- Volunteer through a PILI pro bono opportunity.
- Learn about all the ways to get involved and support PILI.