Thanks to the generous support of donors like you and inspired by our founders as we celebrated our 45th anniversary in 2022, PILI has lived out this year’s theme of “Take the Initiative.” You can learn about all of our work and impact over the last year in our 2022 Year in Review.
Looking ahead to the new year, PILI needs your support more than ever as we continue and expand our work:
- Funding the most PILI Law Student Interns ever with a funding commitment of $347,200 for our Internship Program. Over the next year, PILI Interns will contribute 22,400 hours of additional assistance to public interest law organizations across the state;
- Increasing the stipend provided to our Law Student Interns to $3,250 for school-year Interns and $6,500 for summer Interns;
- Continuing our work of expanding and enhancing pro bono in Illinois through twelve Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committees while deepening our community connections across the state;
- Filling in the gaps of available civil legal services throughout the state through a variety of innovative and necessary pro bono projects assisting veterans, seniors, families and others in need; and
- Providing training and resources for law students, pro bono volunteers and pro bono programs.
Your donation will help us build a community with a deeply rooted culture of service, where law students, lawyers and legal professionals at all stages of their careers remain committed to addressing the unmet legal needs of low-income and marginalized Illinoisans. We hope that you will also take the initiative with us by making a donation today!
You can make an online donation using the form below. Can’t see the form? Click here.
Want to explore other ways to support or get involved with PILI?