PILI, with the support of our community, has made significant strides towards increasing equal access to justice this year. Our supporters have helped PILI add over 45,000 more hours of legal services through our Law Student Interns and Graduate Fellows. Our supporters are the reason why PILI can provide legal help to people around the state with nowhere else to turn. Our supporters helped PILI make justice real for more individuals, families and communities in need.
This is how we convert the support of our community into immediate impact for people in need of legal help:
- Obtaining court orders for victims of domestic violence to protect them from their abusers;
- Securing legal status in the U.S for children and parents, who are now equipped with legal protection so that they can build a safer, better life together; and
- Engaging in environmental policy and advocacy work to achieve cleaner air and water.
- Assisting low-income clients who weren’t eligible for representation by their local legal aid agency because of a conflict of interest;
- Providing self-represented litigants with brief advice and assistance in the courthouse to empower them to navigate the legal system and to advocate for themselves; and
- Representing veterans and their families who have nowhere else to turn for legal assistance.
Our 2018 Year in Review provides further context for these numbers and details the impact that PILI had over the last year across all of its programs. Your donation to PILI is an investment in the long-term stability of public interest law and pro bono in Illinois, and we take your financial support very seriously. In fact, 87% of the funds raised in PILI’s most recently completed fiscal year were used to support PILI’s programs.
Please consider making a gift to support PILI’s work.