The Eleventh Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee is once again co-sponsoring a Legal Advice Fair in Bloomington. Attorney volunteers are needed to give one-time legal advice concerning family issues, housing disputes, debt concerns and more.
What you WILL be doing:
- Answering questions and providing information to low-income clients on civil legal matters.
- Working with Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) staff who can answer any questions.
- Receiving coverage under PILI’s malpractice insurance.
- Enjoying free breakfast thanks to McDonald’s.
- Providing a meaningful service for people with legal needs who cannot afford a lawyer.
- Spending time with local attorneys and paralegals from the McLean County Bar Association, Central Illinois Paralegal Association, and State Farm’s Legal Department.
What you WILL NOT be doing:
- Taking cases or bringing home work.
- Representing clients in court.
- Working on cases that involve a criminal or traffic violation.
This event is also sponsored by Prairie State Legal Services, State Farm, the Central Illinois Paralegal Association, the Immigration Project, Mid Central Community Action, Inc. and the McLean County Bar Association. Breakfast is being provided to volunteers and clients at the advice fair courtesy of Millan/Petro McDonald’s.
If you would like to volunteer, please use the registration form below or contact Jessica Schneider by email or at 312-832-5125.
If you are a client and would like to meet with a lawyer during the Advice Fair, do not use the below form. Please call PILI at 833-275-7454 ext. 3, or visit www.legaladvicefairacuityscheduling.as.me to confirm to see if we are able to help you and to schedule an appointment.
If you have any issues with the below registration form, contact Grayson Alexander by email or at 312-832-5136.