Join the ACS Chicago Lawyer Chapter, ACLU of Illinois, Mayer Brown, and Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) for our annual Supreme Court Term in Review. We will review the 2022 U.S. Supreme Court Term and several cases, including on affirmative action, LGBTQ+ rights, democracy, redistricting, the Indian Child Welfare Act, health care and our social safety net, and more.
This panel will feature:
- Carolyn Shapiro, Associate Dean for Academic Administration and Strategic Initiatives, Co-Director of the Institute on the Supreme Court of the United States, Professor of Law, ACS Faculty Advisor; Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Michelle Garcia, Deputy Legal Director, ACLU of Illinois
- Aziz Huq, Frank and Bernice J. Greenberg Professor of Law, University of Chicago Law School; Member, ACS National Board of Directors
- Michael A. Scodro, Partner, Mayer Brown
- Steven D. Schwinn, Professor of Law, University of Illinois Chicago Law School; Member, ACS Chicago Lawyer Chapter Board of Advisors
Advance registration is required on the ACS website. A light lunch will be provided to in-person attendees. Virtual patriation via Zoom is also available.
If you have any questions, please contact PILI Attorney Program Manager Artie Surratt by email or by phone at 312-832-5130.