PILI’s Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committees strive to increase equal access to justice by promoting and enhancing pro bono legal services within a specific judicial circuit by:
- Raising awareness of the need for free or low-cost legal services;
- Identifying and reducing barriers to providing free or low-cost legal services;
- Promoting pro bono legal services and recruiting attorneys and legal professionals to participate in existing pro bono programs;
- Identifying gaps in the delivery of legal services to low-income individuals and families and developing innovative approaches to filling those gaps through pro bono; and
- Recognizing the pro bono contributions of attorneys and legal professionals.
Each Committee consists of members of the judiciary as well as pro bono leaders from local law firms, corporations, bar associations, and public interest law organizations. All of the Committees differ in size and their goals vary depending on the local make-up of the circuit.
PILI has launched Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committees in the following circuits. Follow the link to learn more about each Committee, the membership, current projects and upcoming events within the circuit:
PILI’s Pro Bono Pledge is being launched through our Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committees, in recognition of the responsibility of all members of the legal profession – from corporate lawyers to law firm lawyers to solo practitioners to legal staff – to increase access to our legal system. The Pledge has been launched in the Third, Fifth, Sixth, Tenth, Eleventh and Fourteenth Judicial Circuits.
For more information about PILI’s Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committees, contact PILI Managing Attorney Elizabeth Boe by email or by phone at 312-832-5125.
Upcoming Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee Events:
January 14th, 2020 – 12:00 pm, at McLean County Law & Justice Center
The Eleventh Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee will meet on Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at noon at the McLean County Law & Justice Center.
January 15th, 2020 – 12:00 pm, at Prairie State Legal Services - Rock Island
The Fourteenth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee will meet at 12:00 pm at Prairie State Legal Services on January 15th, 2020.
January 16th, 2020 – 12:00 pm, at St. Clair County Courthouse
The Twentieth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee will meet at the St. Clair County Courthouse on Thursday, January 16 at 12:00 p.m.
January 16th, 2020 – 3:00 pm, at Madison County Courthouse
The Third Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee will meet at the Madison County Courthouse on Thursday, January 16th at 3:00 pm.