Posted on: September 16, 2019
The Administrative Assistant is a full-time position responsible for providing administrative support to PILI staff and its programs. This position works collaboratively with all staff, but reports to the Executive Director. This is perfect position for a self-starting individual who possesses a positive attitude, has a high attention to detail, is extremely organized, and can efficiently handle a variety of administrative tasks.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant:
- Perform routine support tasks including, but not limited to data entry, filing, photocopying, distribution of mail, maintaining records, ordering supplies, coordinating meetings and calendars, etc.;
- Provide professional, service-oriented and timely communications in response to office contacts/inquiries, including managing the organization’s general email accounts and phone calls;
- Develop and maintain office systems and practices for the effective day-to-day management of the organization, including maintaining of all paper and virtual office files and supplies;
- Assist in the coordination of logistics for PILI’s programming and events, including placing food orders, preparing name tags and other materials, registration correspondence, assisting with setup, etc.;
- Assist in maintaining all contact management databases and systems as well PILI’s website;
- Assist Executive Director with human resources and finance functions;
- Assist with mailings to constituents and donors;
- Attend staff meetings, other administrative meetings and events; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must be detailed-oriented, punctual, organized and self-motivated, with the ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs, in addition to the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a high school diploma/GED plus two years of administrative or customer service experience in a professional setting are required;
- Ability to professionally and discretely handle confidential information;
- Professional presentation in appearance, with excellent customer service skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to operate in a fast paced and dynamic environment, managing multiple tasks and deadlines, and prioritizing workflow;
- Proficient in using computers and electronics equipment is required, including general knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software such as Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience with QuickBooks, Salesforce and/or WordPress is desirable but not required; and
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission and work of PILI.
Salary: This is a full-time position with a salary range of $30,000 to $35,000 depending on experience, including a generous benefits package with employer-paid health insurance and retirement plan.
To apply: Email a cover letter with salary requirements, resume and three references to PILI via email. Put “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Do not send application materials by mail, and no phone or email inquiries. Applicants will be contacted in the event that we wish to further discuss your qualifications.
About PILI: PILI engages, inspires and empowers those advancing equal access to justice. We envision making equal access to justice a reality through a legal community with a deeply rooted culture of service, where pro bono and public interest law engagement is optimized to best serve people, families and communities in need. The PILI team consists of seven staff members (including this position) with all staff currently based in Chicago.