Posted on: August 1, 2018
Applications for nine Fall Internship positions are now open. Fall Interns receive $3,000 for working 200 hours part-time over the semester. Interns can also receive law school credit for their Internship if first approved by both the student’s law school and agency.
PILI school-year Internships are open to any second and third-year law students in the Chicago area who are attending an ABA accredited school.
Positions will be available at the following agencies:
- CARPLS (Coordinated Advice Referral Program for Legal Services)
- Center for Disability & Elder Law (CDEL)
- Chicago Legal Clinic, Inc
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services (CVLS)
- Equip for Equality
- Legal Aid Society
- National Immigrant Justice Center LGBT Immigrant Rights Initiative
- Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law
PILI Interns work on a wide and diverse range of issues depending on the agency where they serve and the issues that agency addresses. In addition to direct client services, Interns also do policy development and analysis, advocacy, impact litigation, and more.
During the semester, PILI hosts three events for Interns including a breakfast with agency supervisors, a lunchtime educational seminar and an evening reception.