Posted on: August 2, 2017
Eight Internship positions are now open in Chicago during the fall semester for second- and third year law students from an ABA accredited law school. Interns will work 200 hours part-time over the semester and receive a $3,000 stipend, less applicable taxes.
School-year Interns often report a more individual Internship experience than summer Interns since fewer Interns are typically at agency. Positions will be available at the following agency:
- CARPLS (Coordinated Advice Referral Program for Legal Services) [CLOSED]
- Center for Disability & Elder Law (CDEL)
- Chicago Legal Clinic, Inc [CLOSED]
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services (CVLS)
- Equip for Equality
- LAF [CLOSED]
- National Immigrant Justice Center LGBT Immigrant Rights Initiative
- Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law [CLOSED]
In addition to the stipend, PILI ensures quality supervision by experienced attorneys and providing extra educational, networking and advising opportunities. PILI Interns work on a wide and diverse range of issues depending on the agency where they serve and the issues that agency addresses. In addition to direct client services, PILI Interns also do policy development and analysis, advocacy, impact litigation, and more.