Thank you to everyone who attend the 2016 Forum! Please find the link to the materials below. More information for the 2017 Forum will be available soon.
The Illinois Forum on Pro Bono brings together a cross-section of pro bono stakeholders to discuss the ideas and strategies that came out of the Pro Bono Roundtable series earlier in the year.
2016 Forum: Balancing the Scales of Justice through Pro Bono
2:45 p.m. – Welcome & Registration
3:00 p.m. – Panel Presentation
Pro bono legal services play a critical part in both the delivery of legal services and in ensuring equal access to justice for all. Bringing together pro bono stakeholders from the Illinois legal community, this program will feature a panel presentation on efforts to expand and enhance pro bono across the state with updates from PILI and the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Access to Justice as well as information about an exciting study about pro bono participation being rolled out across the country by the American Bar Association.
- Michael G. Bergmann, Executive Director, Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI)
- Honorable Mary K. Rochford, Chair, Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Access to Justice
- April Faith-Slaker, Director, Resource Center for Access to Justice Initiatives, American Bar Association
4:00 p.m. – Roundtable Discussion
Participants will engage in small group discussions to talk about how these initiatives from around the state might inform and help improve their own pro bono efforts.
5:00 p.m. – Networking Reception
Attendees received 2.0 hours of MCLE Professional Responsibility credit.
- Fifth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Forum: June 29, 2016 in Mattoon
- Fourteenth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Forum: June 30, 2016 in Rock Island
- Sixth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Forum: September 8, 2016 in Monticello