The Vermilion County Summit is an opportunity for individuals to receive free legal consultations on their options for criminal records relief. Volunteers will prepare petitions to expunge and/or seal records for eligible participants to file in the appropriate circuit court.
Two opportunities are available and volunteers are required to attend the applicable trainings.
1. Attorneys are needed to review criminal records in advance of the summit.
- Thursday, August 2nd, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Vermilion County Public Health Department, 200 College St. #A in Danville
- Organizers are applying for 2.0 hours of MCLE Professional Responsibility Credit.
2. Attorneys and law students are needed to meet with clients at the summit on September 22nd.
- Friday, September 21st, 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Danville Area Community College OR University of Illinois College of Law
- Organizers are applying for 3.0 hours of MCLE Professional Responsibility Credit.
This event is sponsored by the American Job Center, State Senator Scott Bennett, Cabrini Green Legal Aid, Community Renewal Society’s Don Benedict Fund, Danville Area Community College, Danville Restoring Our Community (DROC), the Fifth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee, the Goodwill Career Center, the Joseph Assignment and Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation.
If you would like to meet with an attorney about expunging or sealing your criminal records, register here.
Volunteer attorneys can register by using the form below. If you have any questions or problems with registration, please contact Belinda Bing by email or 312-832-5127.