Posted on: July 2, 2019
Nominations are open for PILI awards to recognize attorneys and legal programs making outstanding contributions in pro bono and public interest law across the state of Illinois. For each award, you can either submit a self-nomination or nominate a colleague. Follow the links below to make your nomination!
PILI Annual Awards
Every year, PILI presents several awards to acknowledge lawyers and legal programs whose dedication to service, fairness, and justice inspires us and makes us proud. The deadline for nominations is Friday, September 6th.
- The Distinguished Public Service Award honors an individual whose commitment to public interest work has shaped a career dedicated to service.
- The Distinguished Alumni Awards recognize one former PILI Intern and one former PILI Fellow for outstanding contributions of public interest and/or pro bono work.
- The Pro Bono Initiative Award acknowledges a single entity for its significant pro bono work in the community.
Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee Awards
Four of the Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committees are giving circuit-wide pro bono awards to one or more lawyers who have provided outstanding pro bono services to low-income individuals and charitable organizations in their respective judicial circuits. The deadline for nominations is Friday, September 6th.
- Bond and Madison Counties should make a nomination for the Third Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Service Awards.
- Coles, Cumberland, Clark, Edgar and Vermilion Counties should make a nomination for the Fifth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Service Awards.
- Champaign, DeWitt, Douglas, Macon, Moultrie and Piatt Counties should make a nomination for the Sixth Judicial Circuit Community Legal Services Award.
- Marshall, Peoria, Putnam and Tazwell Counties should make a nomination for the Tenth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Service Awards.