6348 N. Milwaukee Ave. #136
Chicago, IL 60646
Contact: Monica Fawzy Bryant
Program: Graduate Fellowship
Triage Cancer is a national, nonprofit organization that provides education on the practical and legal issues that may impact individuals diagnosed with cancer and their caregivers, through events, materials, and resources.
A cancer diagnosis can be a life altering event, not only for the individual diagnosed, but also for an individual’s family, friends, caregivers, and community of support.
Under the supervision of Triage Cancer’s CEO and COO, who are both cancer rights attorneys, fellows will support Triage Cancer’s delivery of cancer-related legal programs and services. Fellows will have the opportunity to provide education on cancer-related legal issues, learn client interviewing skills, conduct legal and policy research, and write about a variety of cancer-related legal issues, such as insurance, employment, health care, disability, government benefits, estate planning, and consumer law.
Research statutes, regulations, policies, legislation, and case law at the state and federal level
Synthesize complex legal concepts for lay audiences
Possible projects may include:
- Drafting content for educational materials and organization websites
- Contributing to published works,
- Writing blogs and articles, and
- Researching and creating content for educational presentations
- Drafting policy white papers and journal articles
- Representing Triage Cancer at community educational events
- Presenting at cancer community educational events
This agency is approved to host Graduate Fellows.